February is a busy month with my husband’s birthday, Valentine’s day, lots of medical appointments (I injured my foot 😦 which is no help for gardening), veterinarian appointments for our 10 year old dog, and visitors arriving at the end of the month. I expect our tree pruner to come next week as well.
Here are my six for Saturday.
1. This week has been up and down: wet and cold, but also sunny with clear skies. I’m so glad the Hamamelis Diane can withstand most anything.
2. Buds are forming this week on all sorts of plants. This young Enkianthis appears to withstand winter mighty well. I hope it blooms nicely in its new home.
The Group 1 clematis always look shabby even when in bud. Eventully their new leaves and blooms hide all last year’s mess.
3. These are the very first snowdrops. Hurray!
4. The Cyclamen are still cheering us up. You can see that I haven’t done much cutting back of grasses though. A few Leucojum bulbs are poking up behind them on the left. They bloom quite a bit later.
5. And now the iris reticulata are adding colour! Helps to combat the gloom. (This is a cheat. They are still in pots and have not yet been planted in the garden. Maybe this weekend?)
6. A few of the hellebores are in bloom. They vary in terms of timing, but are always welcome! I need to cut back some of their foliage soon.
Visit other Six on Saturday posts here:https://thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com/